cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable Descriptive Logs?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does anyone know how / where exactly you can enable "Descriptive logging" for webex connect flows?

Reference: https://help.imiconnect.io/docs/best-practices

Descriptive Logs for Debugging

You must enable the Descriptive Logs option under the flow settings to capture node execution details. Please note that this feature is suggested to be used only during initial flow set-up and troubleshooting. Enabling this feature in production mode can impact your tenant performance.

However I am unable to find where this is possible?

If you click on settings within a specific flow you get the below config - where you can enable custom logging (log book etc) but I am unable to find where to enable "descriptive logging" and standard debug logs - do not show why a node evaluate fails other than "error" (hence I need to enable descriptive logging!).

GerryORourke_0-1688287560101.png

Regards,

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can confirm that the Webex Connect operations team (helpdesk) enabled this for me and this feature is now visible.
Why this is not enabled by default I have no idea!

Gerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can confirm that the Webex Connect operations team (helpdesk) enabled this for me and this feature is now visible.
Why this is not enabled by default I have no idea!

Gerry

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can see in the documentation that this option should indeed be available in the flow setting - general settings.
Reference: https://help.imiconnect.io/docs/flow-settings

i.e. above "Prevent Duplicate flow runs" 

But I can confirm this is not available for me - so I will open a support case.

GerryORourke_0-1688383121958.png

Hi there, 

I have designed chat bot for a web page and I can see there is an option to enable descriptive logs under flow designer settings. Please check with TAC or Partner regarding this to get activated.

Descriptivejpg.jpg

Thanks. I can confirm that option is not available on my tenant currently.

I have opened a case with operations / support.

See my last update - where was able to confirm that this option SHOULD in the General Tab under Flow Setting (but isn't available for me - as you can see from my original screenshots). 

Gerry