Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance Needed for Cisco WebEx Room 70 Downgrade

Tirthadatta
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

I am writing to seek your expertise and guidance regarding an issue I am facing with my Cisco WebEx Room 70 Dual system.

Recently, I had to register the device with WebEx due to certain requirements. As a result of this registration, the system underwent an automatic upgrade from version 9.14 to ROOMOS 11. Currently, the codec is running on RoomOS 11.7.1.6. However, I am encountering a challenge with the registration process when attempting to connect the room 70 with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). Although the system displays successful registration with CUCM, it consistently shows a "Calling Disabled" status.

Upon further investigation, I have realized that my existing solution does not include a Cisco WebEx Edge deployment. Given this situation, I believe that downgrading the system's version to RoomOS 10 on-prem OR version 9.14 could potentially resolve the issue and allow for successful registration and activation of calling features.

Thank you in advance for your time and support. I look forward to your guidance on the matter.

Best regards,

Tirtha Datta

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version of CUCM?

Did you factory reset the endpoint before attempting to register to CUCM?

Generally speaking, RoomOS 11 can register to CUCM just fine. And if you had the endpoint registered to Webex Control Hub you have the Cloud Device Registration license. That works with Webex Edge for Devices.

CUCM version is 12.5. 

I have no webex edge solution. System is successfully registered with CUCM. but showing "Calling disabled".

Reviewing your description, I agree with Jonathan, you should factory reset it and then register to CUCM. If you didn't do that it's probably got a setting or two that's still looking for the cloud connection. You should not need to downgrade the software, I have literally hundreds of endpoints running 11.7 registered to CUCM 11.5 and they all work. 

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

CE 9.x is no longer supported on those. Room US 10 is though, and is posted, try that! https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286321872/type/280886992/release/RoomOS%2010.19.5.6