Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codec Pro - Camera Mute does not work correctly

Hi,

we control a Codec Pro via third party touchpanels from QSC over SSH. All works fine, only Camera Mute does not work correctly. First time it is functioning but then the xapi command to mute the MainVideo gives an "Unrecognized Command" failure.

If I try it via CLI on the Codec Pro directly it worked all time.

The Codec Pro is cloud registered and accessible via Control Hub.

Any idea why the codec reacts like this after it worked the first time?

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The "Unrecognized Command" message sounds like your 3rd party control system isn't sending the correct command to the API.   I'd start by checking there and confirming what it is actually sending to the codec, and there isn't something else that it is adding or removing from the syntax of the correct command.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

I think so too. But why it should happen only at this command after it functions one time. All other commands work properly all the time.

Sebastian

It's nearly impossible to say why without inspecting the code or watching what it is doing on the codec.   It could be the first time it sends the command correctly, but then sends something extra characters afterwards which then make the following command fail.   It could be that it sends the command correct the first time, but then doesn't clear something internally and tries to then send the next command in addition to the previous one all as a one command, which then will fail (ie, first time it sends "xCommmand A", which works fine, then if it wants to send the next "xCommand B", it sends "xCommand AxCommand B" which will obviosuly fail).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I will take a look of what is sending to the API

Hi @Sebastian Goetze, you can SSH to the VC endpoint and issue the following command to see all events happening on the endpint:

xfeedback register *

After having replicated the issue, you can disable this with the following command:

xfeedback deregisterall

I had a customer, who had similar issue with the end call button, which disappeared after ending the call for the first time. This was due to a bug in within CE software of the endpoint. So it might a similar topic in your case. Have you tried up- or downgrading the endpoint and testing again?

Best regards

Igor