Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Room Bar onboarding on Microsoft Teams Rooms

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am preparing a plan to onboard Cisco Room Bar and Codec Pro to Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR). Since both these devices are used with a Cisco Room Navigator, we need to register both the Room Device as well as the Navigator to MTR. 

From the MTR onboarding guide from Cisco, Teams Rooms Pro license is recommended and also notes that "if you have a device with a Room Navigator, you need to register both the device and the Room Navigator".

From the Microsoft documentation, "A Teams Rooms Basic license can be used to license a single certified Teams Rooms system in a room. If you want to log into more than one Teams Rooms system in a room using the same resource account, you need to use a Teams Rooms Pro license."

So, is the Navigator is considered as an extra Teams Rooms system? Does that mean I can use only the Teams Rooms Pro license, and not the Teams Rooms Basic license?

Thanks in advance,

Libin Benedict

4 Replies 4

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

Thought I would update this here. I was able to fix the issue after upgrading the RoomOS to the Dec 2023 release.

There seems to have been some issue (the Room OS I was testing with was the Nov 2023 release) with Intune Company Portal build 5882 and code introduced in version 1449/1.0.96.2023090601 of the Microsoft Teams Rooms app (along with versions 5.0.5882.0 and 5.0.5954.0 of the Company Portal app). This was fixed by Microsoft and the updates were available in the subsequent Room OS releases.

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

HI James,

I am registering the Room kit Pro to MTR, however the Room Navigator shows "Verifying a few things" and never registers. Trying to figure out whether it requires Pro license or not.

To answer your question, I believe the Room Navigator is not yet integrated with Board Pro. I see in the Webex documentation that "*Integration is dependent on future software release". cisco-devices-for-microsoft-Teams_cm-5843.pdf (webex.com)

Edit: Room Navigator with Board Pro is now supported as per this: RoomOS for Collab Devices (cisco.com) Please check whether you are on the latest Room OS.

Regards,

Libin Benedict
"

Thanks Libin,

Cisco don't make this easy do they. The Board Pro is currently on RoomOS 11.9.1.11 718c82a6f42 which is (I believe) a very recent "Stable" release. I will try setting it to use the latest version and see if that makes any difference. It will be a few days before I am back in the office to try that but will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

James

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have a Room Board Pro 55 with Navigator. The Board is registered to teams but the Navigator is in standard Webex mode. I have unpaired and paired the Navigator several times without any change so a licensing issue seems like a possibility.