cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Desk Hub -- Support 3440x1440 Resolution?

KyleO
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like a huge miss to not make this compatible with an Ultrawide.  The device says it supports 1440, but 3440x1440 is not loaded in.  

Is it possible to load that in somehow so that my monitor doesn't look grainy?  Find it really hard to believe that is not a known monitor resolution in the Cisco Ecosystem.

4 Replies 4

dovega
Level 1
Level 1

The device says it supports 1440, but 3440x1440 is not loaded in

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. The display input had a scalar to adjust any resolution to 4K 16:9. The abundance of Desk Hub limitations was a major contributor to its early demise; it is already end of support.

Jonathan is there any way to connect this to a Apple Display with Thunderbolt Port?  I've attempted to go Thunderbolt to Macbook Pro, then USB-C from Desk Hub to Studio Display.  

The computer recognizes the Desk Hub, but the Desk Hub OS Interface is no where to be found.  I can still control all meetings through the Desk Hub Controls, but oddly enough the Camera will not show video.  

Presume this is another limitation but asking if anyone else out there hooked this up to an Apple Display in the past.

Given the Desk Hub only had a very short life, and is past it's End-of-Support date (31 March 2023), it's probably not worth the effort in trying to get it to work.

You'd be better off just connecting the camera to your Macbook and using it with Webex.

Note: If you're really keen on using the device, as you're a Cisco employee according to your profile, you may be able to get better support internally rather than on this public and community supported forum.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.