cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx devices showing offline

Aswin S
Level 1
Level 1

for a particular remote location, WebEx devices showing offline in WebEx Control Hub, but I am able to launch its Web Portal and do the device changes. Rebooting the device does not resolve the problem. What could be the problem, can someone help please?

14 Replies 14

bcassidy
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue, mostly room navigators, but also some webex shares and room kit plus devices.  Factory rest did not fix the issue.  Have a TAC case opened.

dhanley
Level 1
Level 1

Our team has seen that issue as well and factory reset of the device resolved the issue.

Unsure of root cause

Same problem here.  Are there any updates on this?

So far no solution. We had some network changes and that issue appear away. Seems to be a cosmetic bug. but not sure.

Aswin S
Level 1
Level 1

Yes Sure. Thanks.

I am having the same issues. Some webex systems are showing Offline randomly but i can ping them and log onto the web portals. Were you able to determine the root cause? 

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I have the same issue with some Room navigators going offline on the Control hub.  The device itself works fine and has no issues.

Other room navigators on the same network segment do not have this problem.   Nothing blocking on the firewall level either.

Are the affected Navigators network paired or directly connected to the Webex Device?. If network paired and its possible to direct connect to the codec I would try direct connect first.

If network connected I would look at the switch port configuration and configure as basic a switch port as possible. I would also look at the firewall logs for the IP address of the Navigator and look for reset connections or connections being refused or sessions being reset.

It may be related to session timers on your firewall  or advanced features seeing the behaviour of the Navigator as an anomaly  and taking action that makes the device appear off line but does not impact the operation. 

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to check what version of software is running on?

This is very helpful and for my website

Affected location devices have RoomOS 10.2.1.3 886f017f09c.

Also another location devices having same OS but no issues found.

Checked with Fire-Wall team, ports are fine in FW configurations.

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is definitely strange, I have not run into this issue myself, on the device itself, it allows you to run a diagnostic test, does that return all successful?

Yes yhung. I can able to generate all logs. This issue is intermittent. Now it is showing online as expected. Observed around five days.

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might be best to open a support case with TAC for them to look further through the logs.