Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using WxCC API with in the Flow designer

Hi,

I would like to inquire whether it's possible to call the WxCC API within a flow. My intention is to modify the value of a global variable within the flow, enabling authorized business users to update the global variable status using phone calls.

For example, I have created a global variable called "Emergency_Status," which I've incorporated into two of my flows:

1. In the general flow check the current status of the variable ({{Emergency_Status == true}}) to play or not to play emergency treatment.
  2. In the activation flow to update the variable

I understand that WxCC doesn't support the concept of persistent variables, and the only way to update them is through the CCMP (CH) interface. However, I am exploring the possibility of using the activation flow to update this variable's value. While I'm aware that even if I manage to update the value, it will only be valid within the session and not outside the flow. Nevertheless, if I can utilize the WxCC API to update the value within the flow, it may allow me to achieve my desired outcome.

I found the following resource that can be used for global variable API.

https://developer.webex-cx.com/documentation/global-variables/v1/retrieve-global-variables-by-id

Could any one please advise if there is a way to use the WxCC API within the flow designer?

Regards,

Shalid 

1 Accepted Solution

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a feature that is still in development and will be released by October 2024.

Please refer to the coming soon section on Webex contact Center - 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nv7abhz/What's-new-for-administrators-in-Webex-Contact-Center#topic_D8159C942D4EE10D3C86F7C043C86722
 "

Invoke Webex Contact Center APIs from Flow Designer

Webex Contact Center public APIs available as a part of the Developer portal can be invoked from the Flow Designer. This feature enables you to orchestrate use cases that can increase operational efficiency and allows you to use your creativity to solve unique business problems."

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a feature that is still in development and will be released by October 2024.

Please refer to the coming soon section on Webex contact Center - 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/nv7abhz/What's-new-for-administrators-in-Webex-Contact-Center#topic_D8159C942D4EE10D3C86F7C043C86722
 "

Invoke Webex Contact Center APIs from Flow Designer

Webex Contact Center public APIs available as a part of the Developer portal can be invoked from the Flow Designer. This feature enables you to orchestrate use cases that can increase operational efficiency and allows you to use your creativity to solve unique business problems."

GaryAlguire9334
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck?

Sorry for the delay in getting back. You can use the HTTP Request flow control for this. You will have to create a custom connector (i.e. an integration, see this: Integrations | Webex Contact Center for Developers) so that you can then use the resulting OAuth access token created from that to make the API request. This is possible.

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 
Apologies for the delay. Have you tried using the HTTP Request Flow Control? I'm just testing that on my side, by creating a custom connector and adding details for that in the HTTP request flow control. Will let you know how that goes but you can possibly try testing that too.