cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams Webhooks

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am using ngrok and have created webhooks to trigger when a message is created for my bot. What I am finding is it is very random when I actually get the webhook in ngrok. If I am watching the ngrok console or the inspect webpage I can always see my public http 200 attemp to the ngrok website... But I when communicating with the webex bot I just don't get the webhook.

Checked that the developers API were working but still no luck. Anyone else see anything like this before or have an explaination of the behavior... I have seen that the webhook will become disabled if it reseived to many bad attempts however the active field here however the   "status""active" would appear to tell me that is not the case here.

"items": [
        {
            "id""ID",
            "name""test2",
            "targetUrl""https://Correctrandom#.ngrok.io",
            "resource""messages",
            "event""created",
            "orgId""ID",
            "createdBy""id",
            "appId""id",
            "ownedBy""creator",
            "status""active",
            "created""#####Z"
        }
    ]
1 Reply 1

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So I was able to spam the bot with text and was able to  see the status go to in the webhook. So that at least confirms that.

"status""disabled"

Disabled Webhook

A webhook's target url specifies the server endpoint that will receive the webhook payload. If Webex attempts to deliver 100 webhook notifications within five minutes and the server either becomes unreachable or does not respond with a successful HTTP code in the 2xx range, the webhook will be disabled. Once a webhook is disabled, it will not be reenabled automatically.

So seems like a connectivity problem between webex and ngrok or ngroks tunneling mechanism.. Probably need to try this hosted somewhere else.