cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admitting a Participant That Has Been Accidentally Removed From Lobby

tshaw85
Level 1
Level 1

As a host of a meeting, I recently hit "Remove" instead of "Let In". The participant was removed from the lobby and unable to get back to the meeting. Is there a way as a host to resolve this when it happens by accident?

8 Replies 8

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have opened the idea on behalf of user:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-8039

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you for looking into this.

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Currently the only way I know to re-admit them in this scenario is to have the person use a different email address when they join, which can be challenging if they are using a corporate image with SSO - here' they'd have to exit Webex apps and join as a guest.  This is worthy of a feature request.  I think the only effective way to do this might be to have a control on the web UI for the meeting that shows blocked aliases and then you could unblock from there.  If you submit an IDEA, let us know and I'll vote it up.
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Response Signature

Hi @Stephanie Knoop,

You are right. The participant need to change their email address and join back. But this is not feasible solution. There must be a way in the App to see blocked participants and add them back when needed.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have tested this scenario and ran into same issue. This looks like a design issue or a software bug. Sometimes by mistake we click on remove button and there must be a way to add them back.

Error.jpg

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Are you saying that the participant are not allowed to reconnect to the meeting and be put into the lobby for admittance again?

Response Signature

That’s correct. When they try the meeting link again, they receive an error
message that the host has restricted them.

Never ran into that, will have to do some testing on this to see how our tenant behaves.

Response Signature