cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Contact Management in WebEx Teams and WebEx Calling

NeelPatel43618
Level 1
Level 1

WebEx Calling currently provides an end-user with the ability to add individual contacts into the personal Directory, there appears to be no way to import.  This is achieved through settings.webex.com. 

Furthermore these contacts can only be searched from within WebEx Calling or a desk phone registered to WebEx Calling, you cannot search for them within WebEx Teams.

There appears to be no way to create contacts, on a global or individual basis for WebEx Teams.

We desperately need global AND personal contact management (manual and import) within WebEx Calling which works on both the Calling and Teams app.  

Trying to sell WebEx Calling without this is proving a big challenge, businesses expect contact management as standard for any phone system! 

Is this coming? And when? 

6 Replies 6

DSwoffer
Level 1
Level 1

Also on this topic it would be nice to see the all enterprise Webex calling users in the contacts so that I can find a users extension and dial them based on their extension not just as a Webex call. So if I'm at my desk and I want to call someone calls via the Webex app If I call them only the app rings not their desk phone unless I take the time to look up thier extension and then both the desk phone and the app rings.  That is kind of frustrating for some end users. 

Parsec’s “MARS Directory BOT” is a Global/Enterprise Contact Directory for Cisco Webex Teams.

• Enterprise Global Internal Contact List
  • Enterprise Global External Contact List
  • User’s Personal Contact List

Access your enterprise internal & external contacts from anywhere via Cisco Webex Teams App using Parsec's MARS Directory BOT

Search for Internal Contacts/Enterprise Contacts in AD, CUCM

Search for External Contacts uploaded in the application

User can search contacts on the basis of multiple filters like Name, Phone No, Mobile No, Company, Department, and Location

Import/upload contact list in the application which can be accessed by enterprise users

Please checkout attached document.

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please look at the Comming Soon section here - https://help.webex.com/en-us/8dmbcr/What-s-New-in-Cisco-Webex-Teams

The June 25th release has the following:
Add Contacts, Search Your Contacts, and Make a Call—Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android

Add your coworkers into your Contacts list and group them however you like, making people easier to find when you need to chat or call. And on your mobile app, you can call someone from your Contact list and the calls remains in Webex Teams (your device's calling app isn't used).

You can even look up your Outlook contacts (Windows), local address book (Mac), and local phone contacts (iPhone, iPad, and Android) from Webex Teams, so you can easily find your contacts and make a call.

That doesn't help if you want to search a global list, as there is no global list in the contacts section like there is in the Broadcloud portal.

Thanks Mike,

Whilst helpful it doesn't solve the problem. It isn't totally clear what the new feature means when it says "add your coworkers", does this mean teams only contacts, or anyone and just a phone number can be entered.  

Even still this is only a single user contact management service.  There needs to be a global address book so anyone within an organisation can search and contact a globally managed address book, much like you can do in CUCM. 

And then a personal address book specific to users (which is already possible but only searchable on a phone of WebEx Calling, not WebEx Teams). 

I'm struggling to understand how this is not a bigger problem, this is a basic function for any enterprise phone system. 

Some may suggest use Outlook Contacts, Mac Address Book, smartphone contacts.  None of this is workable when a client wants to separate business and personal contacts, and a centrally managed phone system address book. 

The Teams contacts will allow searching and adding from the Outlook Contacts, and the "Pizza Guy" style custom contact is likely to be added in the near future.