cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx incoming call ringer not producing sound

smdrywa
Level 1
Level 1

We have seen multiple users experience an issue within the last week were incoming WebEx calls do not produce a ringer/alert sound.  We confirmed multiple users are seeing this and also confirmed that the speakers selected are not muted in any way. When Test is selected under Audio>Ringers and Alerts no audio is produced.  The solution at the moment is to either have the user sign out and back into WebEx or also perform a Reset Database.  

Version: 42.9.0.23494

Server URL: u2c-a.wbx2.com

Please advise.

Shawn Drywa

12 Replies 12

ICTTUVNL
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem here. Out organisation switched over from Jabber to Webex. We also have no ringtones at an incomming call.
during testing audio from the settings menu, everything works fine.

EduardoDV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, upgrading to 43.4.0.25788 solved this problem to me.

Bobby Malick
Level 1
Level 1

This problem frustrated me for weeks, but there is a simple solution - Clear your cache on Webex

Here are the steps - How Do I Clear the Cache for Webex?

MA4
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded to 43.2.0.25157 and still have the same issue. Even playing test tone for ringer in settings still produces no audio or visual volume level cue.

Caller ID display issue is resolved in this version though which is a big step forward.

ColeMaker8
Level 1
Level 1

Update:  Issue has been fully resolved on Webex version 42.12.  

I've installed version 42.12 and the problem is still there. I can't choose any ringtone in the notifications control panel. There is only one option: "Disabled".

This fixed your ringer issues - How Do I Clear the Cache for Webex?

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have a few call center agents I just moved from Jabber to Webex...  Ringers & Alerts has no sound.

Where do we find 42.8?

this will fix the issue - How Do I Clear the Cache for Webex?

ColeMaker8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

downgrading to 42.8 did resolve the issue for me, but 42.10 doesn't fix it.  A bug has been created by Cisco TAC and you can keep track of it here.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwd25123

42.11 will hopefully address this bug and have it fixed.

smdrywa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to touch base to see if you were able to test with downgrading to version 42.8. We saw a high percentage of the issue with users running 41.7.  Upgrading to 42.9 did not work.  No word on 42.10 over here as of yet.  

ColeMaker8
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into this same issue in my organization and have opened a TAC case, but no resolution after almost 3 weeks.  Upgraded to Version: 42.10.0.23814 and issue persists.  TAC recommended to downgrade to 42.8 for testing.  Going to be a problem rolling this out to our users later...

Haven't downgraded yet, but will update later.