cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3802I AP's all on the same 5GHz channel after installation

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I have a 8540/HA WLC licensed for 4000 AP's with 2900 AP's all together connected.   Today we installed 100 new 3802I AP's and all but about 20 are coming up on channel 36.  The RF profile is configured for 40MHz channel bonding and we have all 5GHz channels in the list.  Other 3802I AP's that were installed last month or earlier are all using various channels and are channel bonding.

I rebooted all of the AP's with no change.  When I configured an AP for static channel bonding of 40MHz and set to channel 153 it accepted the change.  When I configured it back to global configuration it retained the channel bonding but reverted to (40,36).  This happened on 2 other AP's I tried as well.

The same RF profile is applied to other buildings that do not have this issue.

Current code is 8.3.133.

Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Seth,
Give the APs some time, like 24 hours or so, for RRM & DCA to make necessary changes.

You can also make sure that the DCA is set to 10 minutes to allow for changes. Then after a day or so, set it to 24 hours. There are two timers. One for DCA and the other to initiate RRM. DCA has to hit first before RRM can make the changes. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

My concern would be if I set DCA to 10 minutes what affect it will have on the rest of the campus?  This is for a university and we have lots of users.

DCA was scheduled to run at midnight and this morning all the AP's were moved to various channels at 40MHz.  Thanks for the information.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card