Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center & C9800 "ERROR-NETCONF-CONNECTION-PORT-MISSING"

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Hi community,

After setting up my 3-node DNAC cluster, I discovered my newly installed Catalyst 9800 to provision them, but the status column returns "ERROR-NETCONF-CONNECTION-PORT-MISSING".

All the credentials are right, CLI, SNMPv3, SNMPv2 and also Netconf is enabled for discovery (default port 830), and enabled in the controller (Device(config)# netconf-yang). No firewall is between DNAC and c9800 so traffic is going straight through.

Any solution?

Device(config)# show platform software yang-management process

confd : Running
nesd : Running
syncfd : Running
ncsshd : Running
dmiauthd : Running
nginx : Running
ndbmand : Running
pubd : Running
gnmib : Not Running

19 Replies 19

Good new ! :-)

thats weird you had to do this anyway...

you didn’t have to create a new certificate through crypto pki command ?

Alex

Nope, but i removed all existing certs. DNAC add the certificates first before it attempt to do netconf. 

I found correcting this on the WLC was the easiest method - also, within ISE, ensure your WLC has Priv 15.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Due to an omission of a Device License for our SD Access Lab ISE VM I have had to change from TACACS+ to RADIUS Authentication.  I did this and reprovisioned the Catalyst 9300's and 9800 controller, however hit this issue with Netconf access not working.  After some debugging and looking at the ISE logs I discovered that for a netconf login over TCP/830 the RADIUS request doesn't include the NAS-PORT-TYPE attribute which we are using in the ISE policy to push 'priv-lvl=15' to the devices.  It does however send the attribute 'service-type=Outbound' so I have added this to the Authorisation policy and it now works as it did with TACACS+.

sanket
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have these two configs in your switch :

aaa authentication login default local

aaa authorization exec default local 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card