Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Splash Screen stopped working

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I'm going onsite to look at a 5508 (don't know exact config or code version until I get there) that has stopped displaying the guest authentication splash screen but apparently still allows access. What might cause this? I can open a support case but hope to get it solved as quickly as possible if anyone has experienced similar problems.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Web passthrough is a solution that is typically used for guest access. The process of web passthrough is similiar to that of web authentication except that no authentication credentials are required for web passthrough.

Note: For more information on web authentication, refer to Wireless LAN Controller Web Authentication Configuration Example.

In web passthrough the wireless users are redirected to the usage policy page when they try to use the Internet for the first time. Once the users accept the policy they can browse the Internet. This redirection to the policy page is taken care of by the WLC.

In this example, a VLAN interface is created on a separate subnet on the WLC. Then a separate WLAN/SSID is created and configured with web passthrough and mapped to this VLAN interface. Remember that web passthrough does not provide any data encryption.

Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Web passthrough is a solution that is typically used for guest access. The process of web passthrough is similiar to that of web authentication except that no authentication credentials are required for web passthrough.

Note: For more information on web authentication, refer to Wireless LAN Controller Web Authentication Configuration Example.

In web passthrough the wireless users are redirected to the usage policy page when they try to use the Internet for the first time. Once the users accept the policy they can browse the Internet. This redirection to the policy page is taken care of by the WLC.

In this example, a VLAN interface is created on a separate subnet on the WLC. Then a separate WLAN/SSID is created and configured with web passthrough and mapped to this VLAN interface. Remember that web passthrough does not provide any data encryption.

Hope this will help you.

Dear Abhishek,

I worked before with web authentication, I saw the WLC has differente options, I read your commt and I learn about passthrought, I would like to find out what do the other option. do you know where I can get some information?

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card