Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Aironet 2800 series mobility express

ade1dapo2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Seniors,

I think i am locked out of my AP,we recently procured a 2800 cisco mobility AP.It is our first 2800 and we do not have a controller.

I was able to do the initial setup through the cisco air provisioning setup,changed the IP address,set the SSID and was asked to restart the AP after all configuration which i did.

After the AP came up,i was able to connect and browse internet with the newly created SSID but i cant seem to access the AP through web interface on the IP address(172.19.X.X) that i assigned.

I also used a serial to console cable but was just blank as nothing came up when i connect through hyperterminal and putty.

The IP Address replies fine when i ping but cant just access via web interface,telnet and CLI.

I also used the Mode button to reset but i keep getting the SSID i created when i restart which shows the AP did not reset.

Please help seniors as way forward,is there anything am not getting right?

1 Reply 1

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

my L1 was faced same issue with his serial cable. If you are using serial to USB converter and this converter is a root cause to now showing anything on the screen using a serial cable. I tried with three different brand's serial converter but it was same issue. So use the direct USB console cable or use an old cable directly on the serial port of the PC.

If you want to reset the AP then:

• Through the MODE button:
  •  Power off the AP.
  • While keeping the MODE button pressed, power on the AP.
  • Still, keep the MODE button pressed until the Status LED turns to red and then release it.
Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card