Views
Helpful
Replies

Please Suggest Access point Model for small office

Tarun Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friend,

We wanted to purchase 5 Access Point for my one of client for small office but high priority setup. Access Point should be stand alone and have (mobility function) when you move from one location to another location, system automatically should be connect to AP which have strong signal.

Below is my requirement also provide your input if any

·         Standalone
·         Bridge mode operational.
·         Signal strength range around 30 mtrs
·         2.4Ghz and 5GHz operational [Dual mode]
·         Commercials reasonable for small office.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want standalone mode then go for these:

Aironet 1815 Series
Aironet 1830 Series
Aironet 1850 Series

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tarun,

why you want to go with standalone mode ? is there any specific reason!!!

My personal recommndation: For high priority case, i always prepfer controller base dsolution (AP/Client SSO).

If you want to go with mobility express (old standalone) then here are the products:

1815/1830/1850 best fit for your requirement.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/index.html#~stickynav=4

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Actually it is bungalow for company owner and wanted this setup in his boss, so that we are not using Controller and wanted to use bridge mode configuration. Can we use bridge mode function without controller.

Only internet Link will be connected to this setup.

Please suggest model that can be configure without controller and should have bridge mode function.

It will be great help if you provide any link which provide this info.

1815/1830/1850 can be used with or without controller. and i feels these are the best fit for you.

Regarding Bridge mode operational......could you elobrate more.. what exactly do you mean ?

Regards

My mean is to Bridge is -- : When we shift from one AP to another AP my laptop should automatically connect with AP which is nearest to my laptop without disconnect my laptop.

Also distance should be around 30 mtr, Please provide me link which provide Access Point signal coverage detail.

Traun,

Thats is romaing and it will work with all cisco APs. Roaming is possible with multiple standalone/Mobility Express AP's if their coverage is overlapping.

Regarding Coverage:

Coverage depends on so many factors that there is no way to say it will always have 50 or 100 or 300 square feet coverage. You could see anywhere from 2500sqft to 5000sqft. Just depends again on RF environment, data rate requirements, SNR requirements, etc.

Have a site survey done as that will only be the way to really know how many and where to place them.

take in consideration (but not limited to):

- Number of users per access point

- Data rates needed for users

- Services users use (data,.etc)

My experience: Normally AP with external antenna covers 40-50 Meter in free area!!!

Regards

Can you please suggest me Cisco AP model, which support all type laptop model and OS like ie : MACbook, Windows, HP, Dell etc.....

This will be installed in bungalow and very limited users will be connected....

If you want standalone mode then go for these:

Aironet 1815 Series
Aironet 1830 Series
Aironet 1850 Series

Regards

Thanks Sandeep for your suggestion.

I need one more help from you. Actually I am going for Cisco Aironet 1850i Access Point but there are showing lot of model and I am confuse which need to select.

Can you suggest which model should select for my environment. Location India, Mumbai.

Cisco Aironet 1850i Access Points

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/aironet-1850i-access-points/model.html

Tarun,

1800 series is best fit for you. Select any , work in a same way.

You can see the comparision of 1800 series models here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/access-points/product-comparison.html

Info: But dont forget to do a site survey!

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card