cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding not able to download Cisco Mobility Express and Lightweight AP software for our 3 AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 APs

rshrestha124
Level 1
Level 1

Dear support team,

I have come to know that our local IT of Istanbul had purchased 3 units of Cisco Aironet  AP AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 and when I checked I found that all of them are controller-based APs. I wanted to flash Cisco Mobility Express but I couldn't download .TAR file. I may have to download latest Cisco Mobility Express and Lightweight AP software. 

Is there any option to download and install? Since these devices were purchased on December 2018, we couldn't track with which vendor we purchased.

I highly appreciate your king support. Thanking you,

Regards,

Radhab Shrestha

1 Reply 1

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You need to have a valid contract for at least one of the APs (a SMARTNET contract typically), then you can download the software and convert one to Mobility Express. The others should then be able to join the ME master, but I suggest to convert a second, that way you can have it as backup.
Conversion manual: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_01.html
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card