cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC - How to map VLAN only from FlexConnect Group?

Mohamed Hamid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

I have a WLC and have setup a FlexConnnect group..

I have since setup another FlexConnect group with different SSID's 

I want only a certain number of AP's in FlexConnect Group 1 and another in Flex Connect Group 2.

This way I can separate SSID's however my WLAN's are getting inherited to all FlexConnect AP's with inheritance type 'Wlan-Specific'

I want to remove wlan specific inheritance and only use Group-Specific

Can this be done?

Regards

Mohamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lenkasurat
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can do that if, you are looking to create 2 WLAN and 2 AP groups to use specific WLAN.

Steps will be as below.

1. Create WLAN 1 & 2

2. Create AP group 1 & 2 allow WLAN 1 to APgrp1 & 2 to 2

3. Once your AP is associated to the WLC convert from local mode to Flex connect.

4. After it get rebooted, the AP will have one more option of configuration named Flex- connect - map VLAN apply native VLAN & VLAN ID.

5 . Apply the trunk port configuration on the switch ports the AP will be connected and also enable the flex connect local mode in the WLC WLAN advance option 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lenkasurat
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can do that if, you are looking to create 2 WLAN and 2 AP groups to use specific WLAN.

Steps will be as below.

1. Create WLAN 1 & 2

2. Create AP group 1 & 2 allow WLAN 1 to APgrp1 & 2 to 2

3. Once your AP is associated to the WLC convert from local mode to Flex connect.

4. After it get rebooted, the AP will have one more option of configuration named Flex- connect - map VLAN apply native VLAN & VLAN ID.

5 . Apply the trunk port configuration on the switch ports the AP will be connected and also enable the flex connect local mode in the WLC WLAN advance option 

Hi Lenkasurat

Thank you very much for your response this indeed has resolved my problem 

Kind Regards

Mohamed 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card