Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
rrovcani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Recently, I wanted to upgrade AP 1832i Mobility Express from version 8.2, which came with purchased AP, to 8.5, which is preferred and recommended by TAC.

TAC Recommended software

However, official procedure did not went smoothly. Just for the note I'm an old-fashioned guy and I was using CLI procedure, which I anyhow trust for such things as manipulating images and configuration.

Mobility Express Deployment Guide

After opening case, a nice lady from Cisco TAC in Jordan pointed out that upgrade path from 8.2 to 8.5 is going over 8.3.

8.5MR2 Release Notes

Lo and behold, upgrade from 8.2 to 8.3 is not workin either, reporting "Access Violation" as alleged problem cause when displaying AP images.

In the end, after numerous tries and TAC lady endless patience, she managed to perform upgrade with following command, issued on AP CLI (which you enter by typing "ap" command at controller prompt):

#archive download-sw /reload tftp://<tftp server ip address>/<filename.tar>

Catch is in skipping "/overwrite" switch which is somehow triggering "Access Violation" condition.

I hope this will save you some time...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing