cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Wireless - Mobility Blogs
Cisco Employee
1 Comment
Securing devices without 802.1X PSK (Pre-Shared-Key) WLAN is widely used for consumer & enterprise IoT onboarding as most of IoT device doesn’t support 802.1X. While PSK WLAN provides an easy way to onboard IoT, it also introduces challenges as it doesn’t... Read More
3 Comments
Looking to provide wifi overkill in my home. It's two story with a basement. I am thinking two aironet 1600's. What do you think? Let me know if there is some other model I should be looking at.
0 Comments
In the past two months, after upgrading two computers to Windows 10, these computers started losing wireless connectivity. I have firmware version 1.2.2.8 installed. Computers are Dell Inspiron 5759. They have the older Intel 8260 adapter and I have the l... Read More
1 Comment
My customer has a 5520 WLC running 8.10.112.0 with currently 160 x 2802i APs connected in flex connect mode, across multiple sites. Each of the sites has their APs in their own AP group. There are only three SSIDs configured on the WLC and these are being... Read More
2 Comments
Hi All, We have 9100 AP trying to join on 9800 WLC. When AP try to join controller it gives below error Sending Join request to 172.16.31.66 through port 5254 Discarding msg CAPWAP_WTP_EVENT_REQUEST(type 9) in CAPWAP state: Join(5) Discarding msg CAPWAP_W... Read More
6 Comments
Hello, I hope somebody has a solution for the issue I am facing. I have 2 WAP150's, both with firmware 1.1.2.4, and I am not able to save a specific change. Under Wireless > Radio > Advanced Settings > Legacy Rate Sets I can unselect rates that I don't wa... Read More
9 Comments
Hey Guys, I Have several 1600 Series AP's (AIR-CAP1602I-ZK9) that was working with WLC before, I changed them with 1800 series but would like to use 1600 Access Points series independently and without WLC for somewhere else, so I want to know do they work... Read More
14 Comments
Hello i have acces point 1815i cisco and we want installed in entreprise and we have camera surveillance wireless cisco so i want to know how much distance between ap 1815i and camera surveillance wireless that allows AP gives a coverage and signal withou... Read More
1 Comment
We want to broadcast a SSID (and allow users to connect) between certain times each day, and then take it offline. Unfortunately we dont have prime and only DNA Essential Smart licencing. All documents that I am seeing is that its possible if you have pri... Read More
1 Comment
Hi all, I am looking for some guidance here, and I am quite certain that some of you, great minds, will be able to stir me in the right direction here. And a big thanks in advance. Here we go, i have three sites connected over private link MPLS. Fully mes... Read More
1 Comment
Hi to all I purchase new AP C9120AXE converted to EWC. I notice when AP is booting a message related to default route not set that it says that can affect performance. Message is : %Default route without gateway, if not a point-to-point interface, may imp... Read More
2 Comments
Hi all, I am trying to convert AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 from CAPWAP to ME using this guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide/getg_start.html#task_7588F4C009744AEFBB9EB754A713E390 I checked my DHCP and... Read More
2 Comments
Hi All, Currently i have a 9800-cl wlc with 2700, 3800 and 9100 series access points (internal APs). All three APs broadcast same SSID with (WPA2/PSK) for come legacy clients which operates on 802.11b. Also I'm using the same RF, site and policy Tags acro... Read More
0 Comments
With the latest security software and the ability to set up in minutes, it's no surprise Meraki Go access points were Cisco's number one seller on Amazon this week. See how Meraki GO works for you
1 Comment
Q1 - Can 8500 WLC do SSID Schedule ? A1 - if Yes, Q2 - what version of sofware do i need to upgrade my WLC ?
Top Experts
Last 6 Months
Top Experts
Content for Community-Ad

This widget could not be displayed.