cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add disk for prime infrastructrue and the low space issue.

Hi everyone, I have two problem about prime infrastructure. The fisrt one is what's file about "ts_sam_def.dbf",this file we can show it under shell mode (root mode before PI3.x) by "du -h --max-depth=1 /opt/oracle/base/oradata/WCS/datafile/*" command.The file is so large,so whether we can delete it? The second one is i want to add disk for PI in vsphere,whether there will be a detial steps about that? I can find this blog: {Tuesday, January 15, 2013 Increasing diskspace on Cisco Prime Infrastructure NCS 1.2 "the hard way?"} but i cannot fixed it step by step. If you have a better workaround,pelase help me to fixed it. Thanks & BR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
10 Replies 10

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
To add a disk do the following:
- make a full backup (or snapshot in vcenter)
- shutdown the VM
- add a new (additional) disk, I suggest at least 300 GB
- power on the VM
- done

Prime will automatically format and add the disk on the first boot, give it some time, it can take a WHILE.

I don't know the file you mentioned, but make sure you are running the latest Patches and also make sure the "Database Cleanup" taskis running without error in Prime.

But when I add new disk to prime.after I power on it ,I cannot confirm it can read new disk.is there any command for this?

Don't remember it, but it's an LVM.
In any case, login to the Shell, enter 'df -k' before and after and you should see the different sizes.
Also check this:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/low-disk-space-message-in-cisco-prime-infrastructure/ta-p/3134215

Not really,it possible to mount the new disk.i have tried this step,but at the end of this ,i add space for /opt ,it told me space not enough.

There are some other things you can try.

Always have a backup.

Connect via SSH and enter the following three commands:

ncs stop

ncs cleanup #this will ask you various options, delete what you don't need. This can take an hour or more. 

ncs start

Maybe you got enough free space afterwards.

Another option, make a full backup, install a new Prime with increased resources and once it's running, restore the backup. 

I have tried it,but it only free a little space.

Ok, in that case you should open a TAC. They have additional options to clean files, but my suggestion is to take a backup and make a fresh installation with a much bigger disk and restore the backup.
You can also check the data retention settings in Prime, maybe you have adjusted them for a much to large timeframe.

Thank you for your suggestion, I think these methods can be tried, but it is more troublesome. In fact, I think the easiest way is to expand the disk space, but I added the disk is not read by PI.

This is because of the volume groups Prime is using. It does expand them by himself, but sometimes not for the right partitions (although I'm just guessing here). The other thing, I think you can only once add an additional disk, so if you already had 2 and now added a third, it might not work.

maybe i need confirm it ,thanks a lot
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card