cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will a NME-AIR-WLC25-K9 bolt onto existing infrastructure?

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

Interested in facilitiating the ability for the receptionist (or anyone for that matter) to be able to create a day pass for guest wireless access.  The idea being that the guest would receive a pass that allows them access to a site's <20 access points for a predetermined amount of time, in this case the business day providing a path to an dedicated guest Internet circuit.

1) Is this NM able to be added to the existing operating environment without completely taking over? in other words can it be added to perform it's function for guest wireless but ignore the current configuration (with limits obviously) and not have issues with changes being made to the APs via other mechanisms?

2) can these NMs be added to an enterprise autonomously at individual sites, in other words in an enterprise filled with APs can there be a few of these that are only responsible for their respective sites/subnets without any conflict?

The VLAN path would be (for example) 1242->3560->4506->3845->I, so I'm guessing that all Cisco means there wouldn't be an issue there, but I'm mentioning it just in case of device limitations

All input feedback welcome; thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card