cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet Unifed Controller / some management software AIR-CAP2702E-B-K9

alykhans
Level 1
Level 1

we have inherited a bunch of Aironet AIR-CAP2702E-B-K9 AP'S and need to figure out how to configure and set them up.  is there some server level management software for this that we can get a download link for ? I searched and found some note about needing Cisco Unified Wireless network software release 7.6RM2 or later.  ANy advise please ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is the Cisco Mobility Express but this AP is not supported as the Master AP. You can check here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_810/about_mob_exp.html#me-supp-ap

See  "Table 1. Cisco APs Supported in Cisco Mobility Express"

Your AP model can only be a subordinate. If you were able to find one AP that can act as Master, you could use it to manage the others.

Keep in mind that download any software on cisco site may require a contract.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi

First of all you need to access those APs via console cable and figure out which kind of IOS they are running. Unless you know already. If they are capwap AP you need a Wireless Lan controller. If they are running autonomous IOS you need to configure them accordingly.

The software version is not relevante until you figure out which kind of IOS they have and how are you going to put them to run: Via WLC ou autonomous.

Thank you.  If we do determine that it is needing a WLC, where do we get this and which version ?

WLC is an appliance you nee to buy somewhere.  The version may depending on the model  but there will be a lot of option. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

This site is a good place to go. This is a cisco matrix with all the possible Access Point and WLC and supported versions. 

so is there not a software you just download to control these kind of like a Unifi controller software ?

There is the Cisco Mobility Express but this AP is not supported as the Master AP. You can check here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_810/about_mob_exp.html#me-supp-ap

See  "Table 1. Cisco APs Supported in Cisco Mobility Express"

Your AP model can only be a subordinate. If you were able to find one AP that can act as Master, you could use it to manage the others.

Keep in mind that download any software on cisco site may require a contract.

alykhans
Level 1
Level 1

flipped this to our tech guy to work on but hopefully he can figure out.  to be honest most likely will just throw up on Ebay or Kijiji and sell the cisco stuff off.  Too complicated and costly to make work.  WIll just buy a Unifi wifi system for the factory now as less time and headache and cost to run.  

Can't say you are wrong.