cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CB150-AX VLAN question

brauckmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Does the CB150-AX, in its factory state, tag its traffic with VLAN ID 1 when it is first configured or is the traffic untagged?

I'm trying to configure a CB150-AX with a Juniper EX 2200C and I need to know if I configure a trunk port at the outset, do I need to account for the Cisco not tagging its traffic until another VLAN is configured?  I want to put the management IP onto a VLAN that is separated from the rest of the devices. 

When I configure my Juniper to support all of the VLANs and tell it to treat it's "native VLAN" as ID 1, the Cisbo boots up with the completely unhelpful red/gree/blank error LED. 

Why can't I SSH into this thing!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

The management traffic of these APs is never tagged. You need to configure your desired management VLAN ID as native on both the switch port and the AP (Wireless Settings / Access Points / Global AP Configuration).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

This AP is suppose to receive dhcp on the first setup. And it propagate a especial ssid in which you should connect to put the Basic config. The ssid is CiscoBusiness-Setup.

Connect to it and run the wizard.

I am attaching a guide to help.

brauckmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the doc, but I can get past that part.  It is when I enable VLANs on the AP that I have issues.  As long as the AP is plugged into a VLAN other than VLAN 1, it works fine.  The problem comes in when I setup the VLANs and then try and move the management VLAN from the AP's default of 1 to 3 (for example).  The AP will reboot and then go into the red/green blinking LED state. 

The online help for that is useless, by the way.  Once the AP is in this state, there is no way to troubleshoot it that I've found.  If there is such a way, please share that info as well.  Googling really hasn't turned up much.

I got.  What was your choice during the wizard for IP address? Did you choose DHCP or static ?

AP blinkind red and green usually means it is seach for something.

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

The management traffic of these APs is never tagged. You need to configure your desired management VLAN ID as native on both the switch port and the AP (Wireless Settings / Access Points / Global AP Configuration).

brauckmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Just for completeness, here is the working config on the port fro my Juniper EX 2200C.

{master:0}[edit interfaces ge-0/0/2]
root@EX-2200C-Upstairs# show
description Cisco-AP;
unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
        port-mode trunk;
        vlan {
            members [ IOT_Networks Guest_Wifi Work_Network default ];
        }
        native-vlan-id 3;
    }
}

The native-vlan-id 3 line would correspond to another VLAN that the first SSID is using.  In Juniper, if the member list includes that vlan, that it would expect tagging.  If it is absent from the member list but has the native-vlan-id configured, it will take the untagged traffic and apply the vlan id of 3 to it.  This config seems to be working for the moment and I will reboot shortly to see if things break or if I'm in good shape.