Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 150AX rebooting by itself

PeterWan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Before one of my APs fails, it keeps rebooting unexpected at a specific time. at 01:20 UTC+8, I noticed my remaining AP also does that. its seems very weird to me as I clearly did not set any automation to my APs to perform self reboot. Luckily, this AP does not suffer from the boot loop issue, but it got me thinking if its some sort of faulty sign existed with the APs that I have missed. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? software is up to date weeks ago: 10.6.2.0. so its most likely not caused by software update. 

im also seeing some log that I dont know that they mean on startup, do they matter? 

*fp_main_task: Jun 29 09:37:07.524: %CBW-3-CBD_PROVISIONING: cnfgr.c:3403 Trustpoint file is not found in CBW
*fp_main_task: Jun 29 09:37:01.412: %SSHPM-2-BAD_DEVICE_ID_CERT: sshpmcert.c:8291 Failed to retrieve MAC address from bsnOldDefaultIdCert certificate
*fp_main_task: Jun 29 09:37:01.392: %APF-4-WLANEXPIRY_TIMERSET_FAILED: apf_vap.c:3264 Unable to set timer for WLAN PSK password. unable to lock account

Thanks of your attention and help if any was provided! 

Best,

Peter Wan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the power source have any issue, the one of the faulty AP try factory reset and see of that works.

if that still failing contact Cisco TAC for RMA>

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check the power source have any issue, the one of the faulty AP try factory reset and see of that works.

if that still failing contact Cisco TAC for RMA>

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The power source is stable, as all of my it equipments are running off the same power source, yet only the AP is suffering from the issue. The other AP is already in contact with TAC, but does not have much success RMA, since Cisco does not care that much about products purchased from Gray zone (Amazon). These AP last less time than my Apple AirPort Extreme which has been sued for 6 years without a service interruptions. I think I will switch to Uxxxx later. Thanks for the help from you as well as other contributors and admins.

Best regards,
Peter Wan

PeterWan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

so after further conversation with Cisco, its sort of is Cisco problem and not. First, the store is indeed Cisco's, BUT, the warranty for the product is not associated with Cisco. I have found out that it's associated with AMAZON SERVICE INC. this makes me impossible to request anything off the Cisco products purchased from amazon. Becareful if you are buying Cisco products off amazon, be sure to pay amazon for extra protection incase of failure, where you may have no one except amazon for help (which they did help in this case, but its a different story). Sorry for blaming so much on Cisco, it's not their fault, but their complicated retail models did make up some of the troubles. 

Best Regards,

Peter Wan