cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 150AX stuck at blink green loop

PeterWan
Level 1
Level 1

the ap suddenly stopped working and blinking green for a while, and return back to white and blink green again. Seems to be stuck in a boot loop. I think it could be caused by a damaged image when the AP could have been powered off due to a power tripe lately while it was trying to upgrade its firmware (still doesnt make sense to me as it have 2 images on board). The AP shown no sign of physical damage. Swapped the PoE injector between a working unit and the failing one, the working one still works.  Tried resetting the AP, pressed the mode button until red solid and released after 5 seconds. The AP did not respond to firmware reset. I brought it off amazon, is it possible to start a RMA request? is there anything I haven't tried yet? thanks for any help provided. 

Best regards,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- As far as Cisco is concerned , you would need a support contract at lease
  - For Amazon , checkout https://www.sellerapp.com/blog/amazon-rma/
  - You may also try to attach a console to the serial line , though it's not supported , check if there are any outputs
     when trying to boot (you may need a baudrate of 19200)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try to hold the reset button longer then one minute to obtain  a real reset , if you bought it through Amazon , then you won't be eligible for a Cisco-RMA.
     After this reset procedure on the connected switch ; use the command show cdp neighbors detail , check if a correct AP model appears,  and the output may also include a default obtained  ip address (if any)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for your response Marce. However, according to Cisco menu , holding the mode button for more than 60 seconds, the AP will disregard the reset request. I've tried more than 60 seconds, which it will be back into the boot loop again and holding for slightly bit more than 20 seconds which have the same result. its sad that its impossible for me to claim my warranty now, does that mean all product sold from Cisco designated store from amazon are not eligible for RMA? or can I request it through amazon? 

Best Regard,

Peter

- As far as Cisco is concerned , you would need a support contract at lease
  - For Amazon , checkout https://www.sellerapp.com/blog/amazon-rma/
  - You may also try to attach a console to the serial line , though it's not supported , check if there are any outputs
     when trying to boot (you may need a baudrate of 19200)

M.

Hi Marce,

I have made further contact with Cisco TAC, web_help and is currently wait for Cisco Customer Support. They have agreed to RMA my device but the device was not linked to my Cisco account. it could be my bad as I did not know anything about adding my AP and registering it under my Cisco Account, expect the My device page. As I am pretty sure that the device does not even have a serial port that I was looks for like you have advised. After the LSC declined my RMA request, I have made contact with Amazon, just like other comment on the product page, they tried and did not help much except redirect me back to Cisco. I failed to get my contract number from the reseller (Amazon) and web_help (Cisco). However, my device is indeed under warranty. It seems like I almost purchased the device immediately after it was released XD. 

Anyway, it's useless if I can get my contract number from the reseller and add it back to my account. I have found an article from Cisco Blog about the release of this exact product where it seems like they have intentionally released the product on amazon for end users to purchase. I am sure Cisco will be responsible for this, just don't know how would they handle it. lets hope that I can get some support from Cisco. 

so I am feeling a bit desperate now, so I tried more troubleshooting. I telnet my Cisco switch and found out that switch the switch port the faulty AP was connected to doesn't help. The AP also shown as connected with the proper mode to the switch, BTU the switch failed to obtain the Mac Address of the faulty AP. just to note some observations of the fault/new signs that I have overlooked.

Best Regards,

Peter

Hi Marce,

Thought you may be interested in how the RMA may work out. The device is under warranty and is associated with an Cisco Account. But it's not mine, its Amazon service INC account. so my best bet was Amazon, and they helped me by giving me redemption on my next purchase, which is basically an RMA without the return part. Yes you are right, it's not essentially impossible by COMPLETELY impossible to get RAM from Cisco, even if you know the contract number. Thanks for your help anyway!

Best Regards,

Wan Kwun Chiu