Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO CBW 240ac unable to access web admin on AP or Cluster

Hello all, I have a set of Cisco 240ac AP's that I am unable to access the web GUI from the device IP's or the management (cluster) IP.  I have tried Safari, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Edge in IE mode and IE itself with HTTP and HTTPS

I have tried to factory reset one of the AP's to see if I can start over, but I can't get it to reset via the small button on the back.  When I hook up the console cable, I can see it boot and connect to the management IP of the AP's and continue on as normal.  I can ESC during the boot and get to the BTLDR prompt but can't find how to reset the AP to factory.  U-Boot version is 2012.07 (bltldr release 46).

I would like to change some settings and upgrade the firmware, but I am unable to do anything with them at this time.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...that I am unable to access the web GUI from the device IP's 
                 - Why not ? What happens when you try ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I get a can't reach this page in the browsers.

Sorry, didn't quite get it all in there.

Ports 22/80 are open on the AP's, but I can't login via SSH.  I think it may have to do with HSTS getting in the middle even though I have tried to exclude it in Chrome, so still working through that aspect.

Not doing a great job here, port 80 is only open on the cluster manager, 22 is open on AP's, not the cluster manager.  I fired up an old Windows 7 PC to use IE and it does not try to redirect to HTTPS and it cannot connect either.

Got it figured out, shutdown all the AP's, bring one up and erase it and then bring the others back online.  Boom!