cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAPP551 Can't reset and Time out error

sistemaeap
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to access a Cisco WAP551 but give an error: "The server at 192.168.1.245 is taking too long to respond." We have reset it but the problem persist. 

We have 2 Cisco WAP551 and both have the same problem.

We can't access to the configuration. 

*The power light always is flashing. That is normal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I'm glad that worked. 

In regards to DHCP, the AP is able to pass DHCP from a DHCP server on the network, but the AP itself does not provide DHCP. 

You will need to configure a DHCP server in the same network anD subnet and then it wil work. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

For what I can see, the WAP is connected to your network, are you sure it is still at 192.168.1.245? What about your PC? What IP address does it have? Is it on the same subnet? Since you are using the FindIt tool, what i the IP address it displays for the WAP?Can you right click on the WAP551 icon and select "Open in new tab"?

My guess is that the device is working correctly but your PC may no be on the same subnet or VLAN.

Please verify that the PC has an IP address on the same range, it will be better if your PC is hardwired to the switch and try to access it again, I think you will be successful.

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks that works!!.

The problem was that the WAP551 was not in the same Ip Range. When we put in the same range works and we can access.

We still can't make the Access point distribute Internet, but I thinks that the problem is in our configuration. We are using static IP with DNS. That our first time configuring an access point.The only way i have been able to make it work is configuring the user with a static IP but that will not work for us since this is a university of over 500 students or more we cant really put IP's to every single one. is there a way to make it work using DHCP while the AP is getting the internet from the static one or do i have to configure my router to be able to give DHCP. The reason for this is that im trying to Give administration Static IP while having the AP on DHCP. Not sure if im making sense.

Thanks for your help and Support

Hello,

I'm glad that worked. 

In regards to DHCP, the AP is able to pass DHCP from a DHCP server on the network, but the AP itself does not provide DHCP. 

You will need to configure a DHCP server in the same network anD subnet and then it wil work. 

Thank you very much for your help and support. We will work on it. Really, Thanks a lot. 

Im very glad the information was useful.

Please let us know after you find a solution or if you need more help, we will be happy to assist you.