cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Couldn't install 3 Cisco Business APs(cbw240ac) at the same time

htetmyet
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn't install 3 Cisco Business APs(cbw240ac) at the same time. Those Aps are in the same subnets of ISP Router's DHCP Scopes. Firstly, I configured First APs as SSID-AP1. Then it's working properly with its SSID-AP1. Then I configured 2nd APs as SSID-AP2 and then 3rd one. 

The problem is I just see only SSID-AP1 and AP2 and Ap3 are not working. When I turn off AP1 and AP3. Then I can see SSID AP2 and working. Similarly, AP3 is working with its SSID AP3 when I turn off AP1 and AP2. I know the root cause of this problem because I configured those 3 APs as Primary. That's why these 3 APs are not working together as those all are primary APs. 

1. What I want to achieve is I want to use those 3 Aps as a Standalone AP. Every Aps must function its own SSID and Password.

2.Let say's it cannot. Can I create 3 SSID in primary AP and then push to the rest two APs. If so, we can use 1 SSID for 1 AP although they are not standalone. 

Please kindly help me on this case! Professionals.

Let me know how to solve this issue. 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ensure that there is no Primary AP running in the network other than the CBW AP during setup or daily
operation of a CBW AP network. The Cisco Primary AP cannot inter-operate or co-exist with other Primary
APs in the same network.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_Admin/Admin/en_US/b_Cisco_AP_Admin_Guide.pdf

Note : i would suggest to make one of the AP as primary and use all SSID and other as subordinary AP for the rest of the SSID.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Maurice_
Level 1
Level 1

1. Using multiple CBWs as standalone APs in the same network is not possible. When a CBW AP boots, it searches for a primary AP. If it finds one, it will try to join it as a subordinate AP and will not become a primary AP itself.

2. Yes, you can create three WLANs on the primary AP and then assign SSID-AP1 to AP1 only, SSID-AP2 to AP2 only and SSID-AP3 to AP3 only. You do that by creating three AP groups and assigning one WLAN and one AP to each group.