Views
Helpful
Replies

Misconfiguration of Management ACL on AP541N-A-K9

timr8655142
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I hope one of you can help, I mistakenly mis-configured "Management ACL mode" on my AP541N.

Administration>Administration Access Control>Managment ACL Mode

I set this to "Enabled", the problem is I only entered 1 IP address, and that IP address is the SAME IP as the AP's own internal interface.  I was not thinking and entered that IP out of habit when I meant to enter my workstation's IP.  The FW does not have a safeguard against this.

So, as you can see, this is a big problem, because now I have completely cut off all access (That I can think of) to the router.  I can never access the AP as that IP because if I set my workstation to that IP, 1) There will be an address conflict, 2) My computer won't route traffic to the AP out its NIC because it recognizes that IP as itself.

Do any of you have any ideas of how I can get into the AP to correct this issue short of completely resetting the thing?

Thanks,

-Tim

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately no, the reset is the only way to access the AP since the IP is overlapping.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

luisbubu90
Level 1
Level 1

hi foolk, can someone help me I´m a CLI guy I have no idea how to configure ACL using GUI, any help will be apreciated