Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset of WAP121 wireless-N access point

Hello,

My english is not very good, but I will try.

I have a WAP121 Wireless-N Access Point with PoE and I have reset it by mistake. Therefore I only have a wifi signal in half of our house. As far as I can see, I have to configure it all again, but in order to do so, I need a username and password, which I do not have, because I didn't purchase the product myself.
Is there any of you who knows if there is a universal username and password, when you configure your product for the first time. Or is the any other way to connect the box to our internet. There is direct LAN cable from our router to the box, but it doesn't give any wifi signal.

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, The default username and password for WAP121 is cisco, you can try the same. The default IP of WAP121 is 192.168.1.245. As you are saying that the device is connected to your router so it might get a DHCP IP from your router in case DHCP server is enable on the Router. You need to check the DHCP binding database in your router to get the WAP121 device IP first, accordingly you can try to access that. Regarding the signal issue, once your login to the WAP121 device then you need to verify whether the radio interface is enabled or not.