Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 321 transfer speed is too SLOW - Help

Minh Vu
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I currently had 6 WAP321 setup in our work envirolment on 2 floor bulding as Single Point Setup cluster.  When I do a 470MB ISO files transfer between the server and the laptop, the speed is very slow, rate at 130KBs and sometime it go up to 30Mbps.

Is there anyway to tweek teh WAP to get FULL speed of wireless all the time?

6 Replies 6

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Thanks for using our forum

Hi Minh Vu, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. It could be very useful if you send us your network topology, could you also specify how many devices are such repeaters, remember, if you use an access point such repeater of other access point, the bandwidth will be reduced by half, so for this reason we need to see how is structured your network.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Jonathan,

No, the setup I had is NOT repeater, it's  setup as Single Point Setup cluster but the speed is still slow

Hi MinhVu, which is the software version of your device? The latest release is 1.0.2.3 , you can get it in cisco.com http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284152656&softwareid=282463166&release=1.0.1.10

After the firmware update you could do a factory reset to your device (always do a backup of your data), also  I was wondering if could you check your BW measures, remember that 1Mb = 128 KB

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Jonathan,

I don't know if you read my 2 post or not, all 6 WAP devices are setup as SPS cluster, (ofcouse, they must have latest firmware inorder to run SPS)

Hi Minh Vu, yes, you have to be running the 1.2.0.3 in order use SPS, in this case, to get a better assistance you can contact our support team and open a ticket with our engineers, they could help you with your problem, thanks and I apologize for the issues you are having. Please go here to find the phone number in your country:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Greetings,

The solution is:

I changed the admin VLAN from tagged to untagged and now it works. Im unsing the firmware

1.0.4.2 and single point is enabled.

Configuration:

Untagged VLAN: enable

Untagged VLAN ID: your Admin VLAN (i guess 1)

Management VLAN ID: your Admin VLAN (i guess 1 too)