Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 321 - unable to disable WPS

RainerRDE
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community.

I've 2 WAP321 running in a Cluster (WAP321 Station 1 and WAP321 Station 2).

Both are on the same Firmware 1.0.6.2.

On the 1. Station WPS is disabled and on the 2. Station WPS is enabled (see wap321-s1_info.png and wap321-s2_info.png).

I've compared the Wireless Radio settings and in my opinion both settings are the same (see wap321-s1_radio-settings.png and wap321-s2_radio-settings.png).

I found a guide how to enable/disable WPS on WAP121/321 but it was for Firmware 1.0.3.4

I'm wondering because in Firmware 1.0.6.2 I don't have the WPS Setup Option in the Wireless section.

My question is how can I disable WPS on the 2. Station?

Best regards,

Rainer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I had the same issue. Seems that they removed WPS Setup from the firmware.

My workaround was to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.4.4 and to disable WPS. Then upgrade again to 1.0.6.2. The setting is kept during update. Maybe downgrade to 1.0.5.x also works, but I haven't tried.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

IntegraXP
Level 1
Level 1

I'm seeing exactly the same issue. We installed 4 WAP321s and WPS seems to be enabled on some but not others. If I find a solution I'll post it here.

Edit: After examining this a bit more I've noticed that WPS is active on all 4 units. However we have these configured with two networks, each associated with a different Vlan. The default SSID/network is the one which is advertising that WPS is still available even though the firmware seems to have removed the functionality.

I've tried applying and removing an 'instance configuration' on the default network as I thought this is what I did on the second network, which does not advertise WPS, but it hasn't had any effect.

I had the same issue. Seems that they removed WPS Setup from the firmware.

My workaround was to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.4.4 and to disable WPS. Then upgrade again to 1.0.6.2. The setting is kept during update. Maybe downgrade to 1.0.5.x also works, but I haven't tried.

I've done the downgrade with 1.0.4.4 and disabled WPS.

After disabling WPS I've upgrade to 1.0.6.2.

So WPS is disabled now.

Thanks. :-)