Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 HTTPS Certificate Upload

davec2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to upload a certificate generated by our private CA to the WAP121. I've tried the certificate in both Base 64 and DER format from the MS Cert Server.  I attempted to rename the extension to .PEM but it doesn't upload.

I've tried using 1024 and 2048 bit key sizes but neither work.  Could anyone shed some light on the process, or point me to resources for further reading?

Many thanks.

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Sir

I know that PEM is built on Base64, but if the file was originally saved as something other than a PEM file, just renaming it will not work. I have reached out to another engineer, but I am pretty sure that PEM is the only format that will be accepted. Can your private CA save the file as a PEM for you?

Eric Moyers

Hi,

The private CA is MS Certificate Services on Win2008R2.  There doesn't appear to be an option to save as PEM, so I've been trying to use OpenSSL to convert from the DER/Base64 format to PEM format.

I have been researching and have found a discussion which suggests I need to include my CA certificate within the PEM file so I'm going to try this.

I have successfully installed certificates on SG300 switches using the CLI to generate a CSR, but the option to generate the CSR doesn't seem to exist on the WAP121.  The option described in the product manual to login via telnet/SSH also seems to be removed in the firmware I'm running so I don't have that option.

Thank you for your help.

Well, I successfully got my certificate into valid PEM format but the WAP121 still wouldn't accept it.  I tried reverting to the first firmware to check if I could get SSH/telnet, but it isn't there.  So I conclude that the WAP121 cannot support certificate upload and the manual is wrong in stating that SSH/telnet is available.

Thanks,

davec2000