cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200 setup step by step for 2 SSIDs and VLAN

djhenson123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Wap200 in a community library environment and wish to set up a pubic open SSID and a private (secure) SSID using two VLANs with trunking to a CISCO RV180W router to force the traffic to be separate and yet allow internet access for both SSIDs.  Does anyone have step-by-step instructions for BOTH the WAP200 setup and the RV180W setup to make this work well.            

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for reaching Cisco Small Business Support Community.

You can have let's say two SSID's with the Wireless Isolation enabled.  Wireless isolation between SSIDs prevents eavesdropping on the network. When it is enabled, wireless frames received on this access point are not forwarded to ther wireless networks (SSIDs).

The wireless isolation feature should do the job but if you would still like to have VLAN's and a trunk port to the router then he "Wireless > VLAN & QoS" window allows you to configure the VLAN and QoS related settings for the access point, I suggest you to leave the Default VLAN as 1, and untagged, and make sure you use the same setting on the router.  You can even have a higher priority on the private SSID.

Please refer to the WAP200 admin guide, chapter 6 for further reference;

http://sen.lla.free.fr/Fichiers/WAP200_Admin_Guide.pdf

The RV180 VLAN configuration steps please refer to to the admin guide, chapter 2;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv180w/administration/guide/rv180w_admin.pdf

I hope you find this information helpful and please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.