Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N disconnects

hwolfgruber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a WAP4410N AP which is fine since installation.

A few months ago, it began to frequently disconnect the clients. The Notebooks reconnect after a while (5 sec - 2 min) but the Androids don't, we have to reconnect them manually.

This behavior started, i think, after updating to firmware 2.0.6.1.

It is configured in Access Point mode..1

Only one SSID is configured with SSID Broadcast enabled, the AP operates in BGN-mixed mode on channel 2.

There are no overlaps with neighbour WLANs, at least 6 channels gap.

MAC based Access Controll is enabled.

Clients are two Notebooks with Atheros and Intel WLAN adapter and a few Android devices.

Since there are some posts regarding this or similar issues there might be a bug in the firmware.

Does anyone know a solution for this matter?

Regards,

Hermann

3 Replies 3

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Hermann,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I suggest you a few things:

Setup > Advanced

LAN Port Speed, enable the Auto Negotiation field

Wireless > Basic Settings;

Wireless Channel drop-down menu, select Auto

Wireless security, key renewal value to default 3600 seconds

Wireless > Advanced;

Guard Interval to auto

Disable CTS Protection Mode since it severely decreases performance.

Beacon Interval; default of 100ms

DTIM Interval, default of 1 (Higher settings allow your computer to enter the sleep mode, thus saving power, but interferes with wireless transmissions)

If the problem persists please send me a screenshot of the Setup > Advanced, Wireless > Basic and Advanced configurations and please make sure you run the latest firmware v2.0.6.1.  I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Jeffrey,

thank you for your suggestion.

Most of the settings already had adviced values, I actually just changed

LAN Port speed (which I had forced to 100M according to a tip from a forum post)

Wireless channel (previously set to 2)

Guard interval (previously set to Short (400ms)

So far after a few day of monitoring the Notebook with Intel WLAN-Adapter don't have problems when waking up from standby or hibernation.

The problem still persists on the Notebook with Atheros-Adapter. Frequently the connection is down after waking up, a yellow circle appears in Windows 7.

Please see attached screenshots.

Kind regards,

Hermann

Dear Hermann,

Thank you for the update and for your time.  Since the problem is with Atheros NIC's only, all  I suggest you now is to contact the Small Business Support Center to find out if there is any known issue and solution;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Thanks again for your time and patience,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.