Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n Multiple SSID not showing

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We just got a WAP4410n and cant seem to get multiple SSID's to show up when searching for them.

Only SSID1 shows up in Kismet or any other type of Wifi detector software, is it supposed to be like this?

I would imagine that it should display both SSID's

Mynetwork1

Mynetwork2

Instead of just Mynetwork1, I have tried everything i can think of to connect to the second one but nothing seems to work.

Some help or an explantion would be good.

Thanks

40 Replies 40

Hi Dave,

yes, I can understand they have to escalate the problem to higher level of support, but I have been waiting for any reaction of our support team from 16.6.2010.

Try to understand, we have to support our employees and we have our deadlines, so it's impossible to wait one, two or three months for the answer. Moreover, I tried all available versions of firmware for the device and multiple SSID feature doesn't work with any. It means the problem persists for very long time and there's still no solution!

It would be nice if you could be helpful with this issue - our case number is #763416.

Thank you

Petr

Hi Petr,

When I have a issue with a Cisco product, even I have to open a case with either SBSC or Traditional Cisco TAC. ( I tried checking out your case number, but the number you posted is not valid, usually it starts with a 61 number at the moment.)

They TAC engineer first validates that I am entitled to warranty or Pro or Smartnet support. Yes even the product I have has to fit that requirement.

But if I am not happy with the speed at which my case is being looked at or anything about my interaction with Cisco support, I have the ability to escalate the case or speak to the Duty TAC Manager..

I have the ability to ask the TAC engineer to do a few things;

• ask the TAC engineer to escalate the case

• Ask the TAC Engineer to transfer you to the  duty TAC manager or Ops manager - He /she can escalate the call or better understand your concerns.

The TAC or SBSC is still a human process you are dealing with people  not an automated system.  Therefore your case may not be escalated automatically, you may have to ask for a escalation.

But you also have the same rights as me.

We have heard from a posting above that beta code is available, that fixes the WAP4410N SSID issue.

Read that posting if you wish, it just slightly above my posting  and if you still wish, call SBSC and escalate your case.

regards Dave

Cisco Small Business Channel SE

Raleigh NC

I sincerely apologize for your recent trouble with your WAP4410N. Would it be possible for you to post your SR number received when contacting Cisco SMB support for your WAP? Thank you.

Hi trabb,

thank you for your effort, but the only ticket number I got from ciscosmb.cz support is #763416, which is, according to Dave's reply (see above), something different than common CISCO ticket number.

I've checked out status of our ticket now and, what surprise, they closed the ticket without any solution and without my knowledge too. I'm going to contact them and find out what's wrong...

Petr

Hello Petr,

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the amount of trouble you have experienced. It may be possible that the SR# used for your support group use a different syntax than S-STAC, however I was unable to locate a SN with your CCO ID. I recommend reaching out to them once more to request an escalation to your case so that you can begin the process to receive the beta firmware.  I have found the Czech Rep SMB Support number to be 800 900 212. I certainly hope this helps.

Hi Petr,

A lot of discussion internally has flown back and forth over the last few days within cisco as a result of your and other postings regarding WAP4410N.

Management in Europe tracked the number you  posted and it's actually a free Partner service team  called   Planning Design and Iimplementation (PDI)  not a post sales support group. They look after Partner pre-sales Planning design and Implementation questions and not as in your case post sales questions.. The number you posted fits in with their case management tool.

As has been said the number for Czech Republic SMB support is 800 900 212.  Phone numbers for other parts of the world can be found in the following URL;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please call in,  open a case with the Small Business Support Center and  escalate the case.  If there are any issues, please refer that Cisco post sales professional whom you speak with  to this post. I am happy to help facilitate, discuss, email to get this problem resolved.

regards Dave

Thanks a lot to both of you guys.

I know this phone number, but I assumed it's the same company/suport I'm communicating with, so it seemed useless to me to give them a call. I really cannot remember where I got the contact to this support, but I think it was at www.ciscosmb.cz and there cannot be easily distinguished it's pre-sales support (and they haven't told me this as well). Thank you for making things clear! I'm going to call the right branch of support now and I'll let you know about the progress.

Petr

Thank you Dave and trabb once more!

I had a phone call with tech. support at given number in the morning and they did everything as you had written. I've got the new beta firmware installed now and after few tests I can confirm that the problem is solved!

kwbaron
Level 1
Level 1

Aaron,

I have the exact same problem on a new unit that I just received on 7/9/10.  I would hope that the firmware upgrade would be availiable soon without having to place a service request.  If not I will send it back to the vendor as defective.

Keith Baron

bforte1954
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just purchased 6 WAP4410N & all of them have the same problem with multiple SSIDs. Only the first one seems to register on the device with a MAC address. SSIDs 2 thru 4 do not get a MAC address & do not broadcast.

I've tried resetting the device, reloading the firmware (2.0.1.0), going back to firmware 2.0.0.12. Nothing works.

My MAC addresses all start with 54:

I've reported this to Cisco & they have escalated this to the next support level, but many of you here have has sucess with the Beta firmware release 2.0.2.1.  Can anyone post a link or send me this firmware?

davbarre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We do apologize for the delay in getting this firmware available to the public.  It is now available for anyone having the problem of the multiple SSID broadcast.  Please navigate to the following link and download the firmware and then apply.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/DownloadCart.x?imageGuId=72E6E2B9EDCB5557D2EDDDC677DD658BBC21905B&action=d&LR=Y&anon=Y

Thanks

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.