cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WiFi Keeps Disconneting

mohdabdulasim
Level 1
Level 1

After hours of testing and configuring I can say it’s not the same issue as discussed in the link above. I have the same problem as mentioned at the beginning.

Our set-up: We have Mac, windows and mobile clients and Cisco networking equipment. We would like to use the WAP4410n as our access point.  However, 10-20 minutes after connecting to the access point, the connection doesn’t work anymore. It happens randomly and not only during large file transfers. It also happens when I’m not even using the computer. After disabling and enabling the wireless interface on the client I get back the connection (for the next 10-20 minutes).

I not only tried to change all different settings on the access point (channel, encryption mode, ssid, channel bandwidth, ...) but I also changed settings on the Mac (disable IPv6) but it’s still not working. Of course I also tried older firmware’s.

It’s really annoying.

Please advice the corrective action…

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Abdul, the WAP4410N seems to have a perpetual connectivity problem. Some folks report good success, others report horror stories.

A few things you can try to help stabilize the AP(s)

• Set the LAN port to force speed
  • Set the switchport the AP connecting to a manual setting (not auto detect)
  • Use the latest firmware on the AP, factory default reset the AP after upgrade
  • Try to use wireless G or N only, not a mixed mode
  • For security, try to use WPA / TKIP (especially if Mac users)

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/