cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1130 AP keeps rebooting cannot find WLC

sze-wee.tan
Level 1
Level 1

Device WLC 2000( with the new IOS AIR-WLC2006-K9-4-0-206-0.aes) and AP 1130.

First time when i power on AP1130, WLC is able to detect it and wireless is working fine

WLC will automatically upgrade the IOS of 1130AP to c1130-k9w7-tar.123-11.JA1.tar

but once I power off and on the device ,AP1130 will keep rebooting.

WLC cannot see it , it order to make it working again i need to console to AP1130 and erase all the config and ios .

Any idea how to solve this ?

2 Replies 2

Here is the cli shows the ssid's and interfaces etc. but via the webgui there are no ssids listed and it says that both radio's are up, but line protocol is down (while the current ssid's are still broadcasted)
I suspect the gui is corrupted, what may be fixed by a reboot, but currently a lot of users are connected.
I have this in CLI
dot11 ssid wifi-Gasten
   vlan 20
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   mbssid guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 0114140BE455030420420F
The ssid needs to be changed to Gasten but when I do this via CLI, the network doesn't show up anymore in the wireless networks list.

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Tan,

1130 AP keeps rebooting cannot find WLC
Issue the debug lwapp errors enable and debug pm pki enable commands.The debug pm pki enable command shows the certification validation process that occurs during the join phase on the controller.

Also give the debug commands mentioned below , so that you can capture the packets and check as to where it is getting dropped.
debug dhcp detail—Shows DHCP option 43 information.
debug ip udp—Shows the join/discovery packets to the controller as well as DHCP and DNS queries (all of these are UDP packets. Port 12223 is the controller’s source port).
debug lwapp client event—Shows LWAPP events for the AP.

Check the STP configuration on the switch
Note : The debug lwapp event enable command output shows the debug of certificate messages that are passed between the AP and the WLC
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card