Views
Helpful
Replies

1142 AP Blinking Green

nmoore1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm having a strange issue with an 1142 AP.  I have a 5508 WLC at my corporate HQ and have AP's in many locations, connected by MPLS WAN.  I have one site where the 1142 is blinking green and doesn't associate with the WLC.  I have tried a different switch port with the AP (didn't work) and I know that the switch port is good because I have a 1252 that works just fine at this remote location. 

The really weird part is that the AP is blinking green, but the switch port shows that it is not connected and the green port light on the 3560 switch is not lit.  I have verified wiring in the closet, but unfortunately the 1142 AP is hanging 40ft high in a shop and I don't have access to it. 

Is it possible that there's a bad rj-45 termination that is allowing PoE to the AP, but no data?

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

NetEngAA
Level 1
Level 1

I was having this same issue, and i was able to resolve it by making sure the port configuration was trunk with a native VLAN of whatever... and since it was a remote site, I set the AP Mode in the controller to Local instead of FlexConnect.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card