cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1142N Upgrade Problem

phaxton01
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with the autonomous to lwapp upgrade. i am trying to run the following command:

arch down /over /create-space tftp://XXXXXX/YYYYY/c1140-rcvk9w8-tar.152-2JA.tar  

where XXX is the IP of my TFTP server (laptop) and YYY is the path directory of the TFTP Folder. It outputs Error opening ..... (Socket Error).

I know once this command goes through, it should extract, delete the old, load the new image. Then once you reboot, no more autonomous and lwapp should be good to go.  Question is why am i getting a socket error? am i inputing the command wrong or is there another problem? Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

i have seen similar issues when i have kept the file in desktop.

I just made a folder in my documents and re routed the tftp to that and still doesn't work.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the command I use with no issues ..

archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp://10.110.40.128/c1130-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA1.tar

Of course you will need to mod the info ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It outputs Error opening ..... (Socket Error).

Socket Error???  That's a firewall issue.

I think it is a PC/Firewall Problem too..

But why didn't you use the migration tool from Cisco for that? Or if you have an WCS/NCS you could do it frim there too.

otherwise try this here:

http://bastis-network-wiki.blogspot.de/2012/10/ap-join-to-vwlc-for-first-time.html

regards,

Sebastian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card