cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1252 Autonomous AP in Bridge or WGB mode

JON O'NAN
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a mobile van that is used for a mobile health clinic to drive to several locations and when pulling into an allocated parking spot the van will connect via wireless automatically. I am using autonomous 1252 AP's and am considering either briding or workgroup bridging.

The issue I am encountering is that the AP inside a van is a router that has to do DHCP across the wireless and because the ethernet interface between router and AP in the van never goes down the router does not know to re-DHCP. I remember from way back there was an IOS command to track a serial interface and drop the ethernet if the serial link goes down. Is there an equivalent command for AP's to drop the ethernet interface if the radio interfaces go down?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

it has radio and fast ethernet tracking, but just not the way you want it, sorry man!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_10b_JA/configuration/guide/scg12410b-chap6-radio.html#wp1145929

On routers, you would use EEM script, but unfortunately, it's not available on APs

maybe someone else knows something

Can you tell me how to force a re-DHCP on the wan interface of a 861 router in this case using EEM?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card