cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1300 Bridge ??

utawakevou
Level 4
Level 4

I have got a question about the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge with Integrated Antenna. Can I use this model to be used outside. In other words mounted on the roof top where it is exposed to rain, sun, lightning etc. We have to replace a 350 bridge that has an antenna mounted on the roof top of the building. I was hoping that the vendor got me a Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge with RP-TNC Type Connectors, however they ordered the one with the intergrated antenna and said that it can be used outside as well.

Please advice

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, you can go to the Data Sheet product overview http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html and take a look at Table 9 (Physical specs) under enclosure. NEMA4, IP56 etc are the specs listed. These standards are for outdoor use. You can also browse the Net for NEMA4/IP56 and it explains exactly what they mean. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vblavet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes you can put the BR-1300 outdoor under the rain. This is one of the differences between the BR-350 and the BR-1300.

For more details look at the environment characteristics (for temperature range and so on ...).

Hope this helps,

Vincent

Can you point me to a document that specifically says that I can expose the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge with Integrated Antenna to rain, lighting and sun etc. I have gone through the data sheet for CISCO AIRONET 1300 SERIES OUTDOOR

ACCESS POINT/BRIDGE on the physical specifications table and all I can see is the operational temparature, altitude etc. I know we can expose the antenna outside and can be expose to the above elements but exposing the bridge itself.

Please can you point me to a document that supports that

Thanks

Hi, you can go to the Data Sheet product overview http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html and take a look at Table 9 (Physical specs) under enclosure. NEMA4, IP56 etc are the specs listed. These standards are for outdoor use. You can also browse the Net for NEMA4/IP56 and it explains exactly what they mean. Thanks

Thank you very much for the info. Im clear now with the issue

regards

yasirbrost133
Level 1
Level 1

Series Outdoor Access Point/Bridge with Integrated Antenna is designed for outdoor use, suitable for rooftop mounting. However, ensure it's adequately protected from harsh weather conditions and consider "Roof Replacement" if needed for maintenance or upgrades.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card