Views
Helpful
Replies

1310 Autonomus to LAP conversion

ctamburello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Customer of mine has 20 AP AIR-BR1310G-E-K9. No controller installed. He use them as Autonomous AP.

Right now he wants indroduce a WLC. Due to that every single AP must be converted in LAP AP.

Anyone can tell me wether this is possible or not ?

is this action free of charge ? Nedd I SMARTENT COVERAGE ?

any  Cisco documentation is more than welcome:)

Thank in advance

CARLO

3 Replies 3

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Carlo,

If the customer is planning to use WLC then yes all the AP's has to be converted from IOS to Light Weight (LWAP) AP. This can be done freely provided you have the correct software image. You should be able to download this from the Cisco site and you wont need to have a SMARTNET as long as you can get the images from Cisco site by other means:-)

Below url will guide you with the procedure.

Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp157192

LWAPP Upgrade Tool Troubleshoot Tips

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072d9a1.shtml

Also please be aware that "All 1310 AG access points can operate at AP Mode not as Bridge Mode"

Hope this helps.  

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful.

Thank

only one question more

Reading the link you sent

Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode

I got I can convert all 1310 AG series my AP are 1310G any issue about ?

CARLO

Hi Carlo,

Your AP's should be fine with the upgrades. AP1310AG has dual radio cards (i.e "A" which operates at 5GHz and "G" which operates at 2.4GHz). Your AP has only one radio (i.e "G"). Dual radio or single radio on a AP does not affect the upgrade procedure.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Najaf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card