cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1410 Outdoors

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. A customer of mine wants to put a bridge between two buildings (about 2 miles) but his computer room is more than 150' from his antenna placement. Ideally Id like to have the AP in his coputer room, with the 150' antenna cable to the antenna, but I dont think I can get away with it this time. Is there a cable longer than 150'? (only need 180 or 200). My other alternative is cat 5 to it and POE, and putting the AP outside. The big question is, which is the best enclosure for this, and will it take new england weather? I see the AP is good for -22F to +130F, which we would never see around here, but in an enclosure it might be different. Any ideas?

Thank you

Bob

3 Replies 3

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

You could just put a switch in between the PC and the bridge. This would allow you to place the bridge indoors closer to the antenna, using a shorter antenna cable and not have to use the 150 foot antenna cable. If you do put the bridge outdoors, you would have to find a NEMA box that would hold the bridge.

Thanks for the info. The Computer room is what penetrates the roof, so I wouldnt get much of a gain there. The length is in the antenna lead unfortunately. Upon further research, the 1410 is good for outdoors so I can just put it outside without any special enclosures by the sounds of it. It uses coax for ethernet, so now I have to research length limitations for this, then Im all set.

MAX ethernet = 100 meters (300 feet)

MAX Coax-Cable = 100 meters (300 feet)

Using the 1400 series bridge, you can go 100 meters of ethernet cable to the Power Injector, then 100 meters of Coax to the Bridge. THats 200 meters total, from ethernet end to bridge. That should cover the distance requirements you had.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card