cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1522 Mesh AP Ethernet interfaces not showing up

zafar_khan12
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with 4 x 1522 mesh ap's. 2 roots and 2 mesh. Both roots are connected via fiber (single strand SFP). The mesh was up and running then all of a sudden root 1 dropped off and joined back as a mesh. All the Ethernet interfaces from root 1 just disappeared. Now it joins the netowrk for few seconds and then drops off. few seconds later it will reset and join again and then drop off again after 3 seconds. Following is a piece from the trap logs.

Mesh child node 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' has changed its parent  to mesh node 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:x' from mesh node 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'.

Mesh child node 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'' has changed its parent to mesh node'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'  from mesh node 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'

AP Disassociated. Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

AP's Interface:1(802.11a) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xxCause=Heartbeat Timeout Status:NA

AP's Interface:0(802.11b) Operation State Down: Base Radio MAC:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xxCause=Heartbeat Timeout Status:NA

I am unable to reset the AP and i have even tried clearing the config but the root ap won't clear the config. I cannot even disable radios on this root AP. All it does is just join and drop off after few seconds and it keeps it old config. I cannot even connect via an ethernet interface because none of them are showing up. Any help is much appreciated.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card