cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1562 point to point bridging configuration

in AK
Level 1
Level 1

I have two aironet ap1562e-B-K9 that I want to configure for point to point wireless bridge. I have been unable to find any information for configuration examples. I have found many documents with very "generic" cli commands. I have reviewed the Cisco Wireless Controller Command Reference (Cisco Mobility Express Commands), Release 8.1  and was not able to find what I am looking for. I also downloaded the CME software thinking it would be there. I would like some assistance or maybe some reference documents with configuration examples. I have two buildings that I want to connect using this wireless bridge. The main building will be used as the "backhaul". If there is additional software that I would need to download could you please let me know. I would rather not connect it back to our WLC if possible but if the config requires it then I will come up with some IP's to connect it back. Please let me know what help you can provide. Thank you

2 Replies 2

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Unless things have changed since I last checked, you cannot build a PTP between two 1562s without a WLC because they don't support Autonomous code and a 1562 when acting as an ME cannot become a Root Mesh AP.

Therefore you can only achieve this with 2* 1562 + a WLC of some sorts (ME or traditional WLC). Once this is available, join your two 1562s to the WLC and set them up in RAP and MAP Mesh mode.

Cheers,

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

Thank you for your response. I suppose I should have dug into the documentation a little further. At first glance it appears that it has the capability. I'm wondering if there was a note I missed that indicated that this can be accomplished with WLC. I will get it configured with a WLC and we'll see. If I have any further questions I will come back here and post them. Once again thank you for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: