Views
Helpful
Replies

2.4G signal issue

Wifi_Eshwar92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are facing issues with an ap mounted 15m high in ceiling in one of the warehouse. Model is 2700 E and checked the power level of both 2.4 and 5G, both are at high power since there are no near by aps. But still we are getting signal only from 5G but not 2G. Few scanners only support 2.4G and facing issues. Data rates are 1, 2, 5.5 disabled on 2.4G and rest enabled.

24 Replies 24

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What kind of antenna?

Its antenna AIR-ANT2524DB-R-2.4GHz

How many are installed on this AP?

Total 4 antennas installed on this ap.

Ok, so what happens if 5.0 Ghz is disabled on this AP?

I really haven't tried that.. but is it possible to have ap like it works on only 1 radio at a time(faulty)? We have even changed the ap but same behaviour... 2.4g not working..

Are you using the AP Groups feature? If yes, is there the 2.4 GHz enabled?
Is it enabled under the SSID configuration (radio policy)?

yes. We have ap group with many aps. but this is the one having issues on 2.4G. As soon as we enter into this area, we loose 2.4G and only 5G works... i thought to enable the lower datarates and try if my scanner works as b client..

Can you show a screenshot of the AP group configuration? And also SSID configuration for that AP group?

Turn off 5.0 Ghz and see what happens.
Make sure the 2.4 Ghz is not in "error disable".

sure to turnoff 5G.. i will try this..
Make sure the 2.4 Ghz is not in "error disable". -- how to check this? you mean it should not go under err disabled after turning of 5G?

An easy way is to check the Web GUI under Wireless -- Access Points - 802.11b/g/n. The Admin Status and Operational Status must be Enable / UP.

tried disabling 5G.. but guns are not seeing any ssid.. also tried enabling .b data rates.. no luck..
1 Laptop connected on 2.4G... however rf guns/scanners are not... weird thing is when they go to nearby ap.. it works

Can you check the Antenna configuration on the AP?
What power level is configured on the AP and what Channel?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card