Views
Helpful
Replies

2 guest WLANs using the same interface but with different security methods

dselfridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have a typical Guest solution setup with an Anchor 5508 in the DMZ. The client IP Addresses are supplied from the DHCP server on board the Anchor WLC. SSID 'guest'. The foreign controllers are all 2504's.
All controllers are running ver 7.3 code. This solution works.

I'm trying to setup a new WLAN for the execs to use IPads etc. (SSID= 'mobile') and get straight out to the web. So I setup WPA2 PSK. Then anchored this WLAN to the DMZ controller also and assigned it the same dynamic interface as the working 'guest' WLAN. That way these users are on the same subnet as the guest users but don't get the guest login screen.

The clients are appearing on the local controller in 'DHCP_RQD' state, but aren't appearing on the anchor at all.
What am I Missing?

The configs are identical on both controllers.
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to create anothe SSID on the anchor WLC and make sure the configuration is identical to each other except for the interface. Then you need to verify that you anchored the foreign WLCs SSID to the anchor and the anchor WLC SSID is anchored to itself or local. Then in the anchor WLC your new WLAN SSID is pointing to the same interface your guest are pointing to.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to create anothe SSID on the anchor WLC and make sure the configuration is identical to each other except for the interface. Then you need to verify that you anchored the foreign WLCs SSID to the anchor and the anchor WLC SSID is anchored to itself or local. Then in the anchor WLC your new WLAN SSID is pointing to the same interface your guest are pointing to.

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

I already had most of that correct, but the DMZ side was anchored to the foreign controller and not itself, so that was the problem. Thanks for pointing that out. +5 mate!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Glad you got it working.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: