Views
Helpful
Replies

2 remote ap1572 connecting to main ap 1572 - one keep deassociating

yleduc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to debug our setup that is having an issue. The goal is to have 2 remote AP connecting back to our main building using 5GHZ. The 3 AP's are autonomous 1572 EAC running 15.3. Apart from the IP address, both remote AP have the same config. The first one located about .5 km works fine. the other about 3 km is seen by the main AP but keep associating / deassociate every 30 seconds or so - complaints about leaving the BSS. It reassociate right away.

Any idea what I should look for to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

ammahend
VIP
VIP

I am assuming this is some kind of point-multipoint bridge.

check out these document, its old and I haven't encountered an autonomous AP bridge in a while, but may be this can help : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/22950-br-ts-22950.html#conn

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-knowledge-base/autonomous-ap-and-bridge-basic-configuration-template/ta-p/3112198

most of the time these issue appear because of some form of interference or deviation in clear line of sight, specially if it worked before. Try these commands to see how busy the channels are

dot11 dot11Radio 1 carrier busy

show dot11 carrier busy

when you run the carrier busy test the radio will do a shut and all associated clients will lose connectivity between 5 - 8 seconds during the test. After the test the radio will no shut itself and return to production allowing clients to associate again.

I am also assuming you have done your due diligence and survey before selecting antenna for  a 3KM bridge.

-hope this helps-

yleduc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ammahend,

thanks for your reply, I was not involved with the purchasing. On the other end, I was able to connect to the main site using a laptop so the antenna should be fine.

I believe at this point that it may be an antenna alignment problem. I now have a tool to retrieve the rssi and s/n ratio on both end of the connection. So this should help. Will reply back next week if more help is needed.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card